Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Last night we helped the kids carve their pumpkins. They were so excited! Both of them got a pen and drew what they wanted on them first. Then we opened up the tops and they started picking seeds out 1 at a time! Mommy and Daddy had to sneek in and speed the process so it didn't last all night!



Jena was serious as she drew her face on her pumpkin! She actually drew 2 faces, and didn't want us to carve over them- so we used the left over space! Daddy did good!
Here is Jena's scary-face artwork! We set the pumpkins outside so I'm not sure how much is there after the rain today!


Watching Jonathan get excited about carving pumpkins was a blast! He would get excited about every little step, even picking out the carved chunks. He kept calling the seeds "weeds" as he picked them out. I roasted a few right away so the kids could try them and he would ask, "when can I eat the weeds?"

Here are the pumpkins!! Gotta love the hats! The pumpkins even fit in with the farm kids!






No comments: