After a series of rejections from his mother(a heifer), Jena is now the proud new "Mommy" of a bottle calf! Tonight I was telling her that we needed to get a scoop shovel to clean his pen and she would have to feed it every night- her comment was "I think I need to wear boots instead of flip flops!" This is the same "scare" tactic I have always used to talk her out of a horse/pony- I guess this is her test!
Easter is Here!!! Jena and I read together stories for holy week before we went to bed each night. I have a great Children's Bible(got it at K-Mart!) that has the Last supper and Jesus dying on the cross. It was great to tell her all about what an awesome thing Jesus did for us! Of course we read about His resurrection! The kids had fun searching for their baskets too! It didn't take them long! (Marty and I both had different traditions growing up- we compromised and have the kids search for baskets of smalltoys and 1 chocolate bunny- not so much candy involved!)small.jpg)
April 11: The kids helped Daddy rake all the small wood pieces(from where the wood was piled for our wood burner). Of course we burned the pile and roasted hotdogs for lunch! We looked like real farmers perched on the tailgate of the old farm pickup!small.jpg)
After we finished eating, I looked across the yard and noticed that the Easter bunny's helper left eggs in our yard! (they were on the opposite side of the house where the kids were helping Daddy) The kids had so much fun and were sooo excited to find them all. Jena was so cute because she would make sure that Jonathan would find some by saying "Jonathan, I think I see one somewhere over here!" When they got done she was making sure that Jonathan had about as many as her!
small.jpg)
small.jpg)
small.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment